View Single Post
Old 5 Jan 2012, 18:19 (Ref:3007778)   #136
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post

Someone mentioned Jarno Trulli fairly early on. He's a curious case. Actually, throughout most his pre-Renault F1 career, he looked one of those good but not-that-good types, like Fisichella. But he seemed to really step up when handed a Renault. Okay, I know it was early in Alonso's F1 career, but Trulli was often ahead. Just what happened? I hear he fell out with Flavio, but how did that impact on his form (before being dropped)? Did he just let his head drop or was he hampered on strategy, or what? It's an odd one, because he's been treading water for a while now.
I always thought he was decent with Toyota right up until his last year certainly not championship material mind you but he could have been a decent number 2 in the Barrichello standard. He always seemed to lose focus in the second half of seasons though, almost as if he got bored or couldn't wait for the season to end.

Thought he was impressive against Timo Glock, who seems to be highly regarded now. His head did seem to go down though when Toyota ceased and I'm not really surprised.