View Single Post
Old 10 Aug 2017, 19:27 (Ref:3758671)   #4
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by karimbo View Post
Not long ago, I had posted a request to have an eclusive thread for Formula E.

I was answered that Formula E gets 12 000 views, while Formula 2 gets 20 000. When Formula E will become more interesting and will have more views, maybe there will be a Formula E exclusive thread.

With this same logic we could say that a thread which discusses Kim Kardashian's a$$ would get million of views, while a thread discussing Einstein's theory of relativity would not get as many. Should we conclude that Kim is more interesting than Albert? Is quantity a metric for interesting?

If you were on a celebrity forum, then yes to those people you could conclude that Kim is more interesting than Albert. Whilst she does not float my boat, everybody is different and in many cases she would be the prefer topic of choice.

Albert would be more interesting to me, but I also don't suggest we should have lots of topics discussing his theories here, because this isn't the place for them. I'm also a fan of Mr Musk (and I'm sure you are too!), but he isn't going to get his own forum here either.

Quote:
Is quantity a metric for interesting?
Maybe not, but it is a metric for popularity. And forums do not thrive (or even survive) if they are not discussing popular topics. If Formula E traffic improves then I'm sure the staff will consider a forum for it. In the 9 post thread for the last season of Formula E, you only made one post (and it was asking why it didn't have its own forum). If you were more concerned with talking about Formula E rather than trying to get it its own forum, maybe it would increase in traffic.

You will find few people on this forum who will beat the Tesla drum louder than me. But that doesn't mean something gets its own forum just because I like it.

OI ADAM! Listen up. I want an Electric GT forum. The topic has almost 3,000 views. That's more than Kims ass. Forum plz.