Thread: Code 60 for UK
View Single Post
Old 16 Dec 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3598240)   #17
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Duvall View Post
I presume that the flags would need to be deployed simultaneously at all flag points so that no driver is disadvantaged, whereas the timing of them seeing SC Board & flag has no impact as they all end up in the queue. This implies the need to equip Flag Marshals with radios?
Sort of. It implies a close relationship between those with comms (whether post chief, flaggie or IO) and the flaggie themselves. Most of the meetings I flag at - mainly, but not exclusively, BRSCC meetings - that relationship exists for the most part.

I found the count in and count out of FCY at the WEC meeting at Silverstone particularly instructive - every post displayed, and withdrew, boards and flags simultaneously.

The concept of F&C is well established in other parts of the world. It could work here too, but that's a whole different discussion!