Thread: LM24 Le Mans 2014
View Single Post
Old 6 May 2014, 22:11 (Ref:3403107)   #48
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
In my opinion Toyota 'deserves' a win because they had the guts of competing 3 years ago, when LMP1 was nearly 'dead' and they saved LM.And let's not forget they tried before...
This is what I would love to happen. Won't hate it if Audi, Porsche, Rebellion....wins.
btw there is no such thing as hate for winners only respect, but that is only my opinion
I think this sums it up neatly.

All my many years of watching Le Mans has told me that winning this is hard, anyone who can do it (and yes, even the the Dauer 962) is deserving of a "yes, well played".

Is the Toyota my favourite car of this year? No, it isn't, not by a long chalk, but I sure as hell respect the fact that they came with a fast but fragile F1 derived car in 2012, keeping the series alive, and raced with panache, and that they rolled with the huge punches that came with having awakened Audi's sleeping giant last year, and responded with an impeccably sorted car this year. If they win come June, and I think they might, I'll cheer long, I'll cheer hard, and I might be pleased I'm not driving home this year and pop a cork or two.

But if Audi do it? Or Porsche? Or Rebellion pull one of the hat? Or more likely than the last and there's an LMP1 meltdown and we end up with an Oak / Oreca showdown will I complain? Of course I won't; I'll relish every single minute.

Last edited by isynge; 6 May 2014 at 22:30. Reason: grammar