Thread: Style
View Single Post
Old 21 Mar 2004, 15:00 (Ref:913970)   #1
SetikX
Racer

SetikX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Style

After two retirements from KR's McLaren, and after considering the slower drive of DC keeping his car together and finishing laps, the thought crossed my mind to whether or not the drivers style or racing further improves, or disadvantages the car setup. Forexample;

KR is not shy to push the rev's to its limits, he is known drive on full throttle alot of the track, and is not scared to attack into over taking positions.

In contrast DC (oh, anyone reading this who contemplates bringing up the 'This Year DC' joke, can the mod's delete their posts in this thread, I am tired of hearing DC bashing) drives a more tactical race, relying heavily on consistency and the right pitstops strategies to come off with seemingly 'luck' wins.

Does these two styles mean that certain aspects of the car are put under further strain, for example, the engine in KR's car, meaning he blew up in both AusGP and MGP.

This can also be seen in the way Webber handles his Jaguar, is there a corelation between his number one positioning in the team, and his seemingly miracle pace? Is Rubens SLOWER then MS because the Ferrari focusses around Schumachers style of driving etc?

Another point of curiosity is specifically related to the style of breaking. I am not sure which it is, but breaking with a certain foot increases flow of the car, and means further speed can be taken out of the turn, does this affect engines differently?

This is more of a rant thread, If anyone has answers to the 'jist' of my question/s, please respond, also discussion would be good, but please leave out any jokes / Driver bashing. There is too much flak directed at DC and Montoya (take Russ for example; he is just another lay person who is jumping on the MS bandwagon without respect for how he got there, or for the other drivers in the field)in other threads, i am sure if anyone wants to know how 'bad a driver' he is, we can go read them.

Thanks in advance