View Single Post
Old 24 Aug 2011, 13:00 (Ref:2945118)   #5
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting comparisons between it and other championships. The only thing that comes close is the WTCC. Great to see them sticking with the ERX regulations as well, because if this thing is to work as a next world championship then they going to need to attract drivers from from as many national championship from around the world as possible. Plus unlike touring cars which has championships running to different regulations, creating one global regulations should help to create a global market for buying second hand cars. I do hope in a few years time as well we see a Super 1600 class in the GRC. This should allow for rookies to see how they do at the highest level.

It's interesting looking at the stats as well. I think they should develop rallycross in South America next after looking at the viewing stats.

So I'm left wondering, when GRC finally becomes international, would there be a national US rallycross championship in its place? It would give new drivers and teams a good starting platform and when there's a GRC round nearby they could mix it up with the GRC drivers similar to when the ERX goes to countries with national championships and the locals take part.

As for the jumps, I'm hoping that they don't over do them. It's a great feature for a few tracks, but I can see it working for every track...