View Single Post
Old 15 Dec 2000, 04:55 (Ref:52561)   #1
Diabando
Veteran

Australia
Victoria, Australia
Diabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDiabando should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Historic....

When does it happen? (dont worry - I am not having one of my blonde moments)

Just wondering if this differs from country to country... I suspect over Europe it would be quite uniform, as you can race at tracks in different countries which are just a drive away, and it would be the same for car shows etc...

After reading much of what is written here, it struck me that things are possibly quite different for those of us elsewhere.

(At this point, I am wondering if I am making any sense at all.....)

When does a car, series etc etc earn the term "historic"? Do you classify, for example, a touring car maybe 5 years old to be historic...or does it have to be at least 10? I KNOW this sounds like a silly question - but it is relevant...

I consider it ridiculous that my car is classified as "Vintage" when its only 27 years old...*grin*..In my case, it would be easy to see my car is "historic"..but what about something moderately late model? is there a line that gets drawn..and if so, what is it in your country? If you want to begin racing in historic classes - what is the measure?

Do tell...