View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2006, 16:37 (Ref:1699377)   #37
tim dodwell
Racer

tim dodwell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Al - Yes I remember you and Brian spinning off to set up the mod-prods, and we (the ones who wanted to drive to our races) were actually very pleased, as it took away a lot of "discussions" that used to take up too much time. We were then able to point those interested in our Road Saloons, but wanted to trailer, over to your series. All happy!!!
Only one person I know had an accident going home from our races, it was on the M25 going west (late 80's/early 90's), and there were no real injuries (although his Golf was upside down up the bank). It was not his fault, some stupid moron caused the accident - he just got taken out. That can happen to us all in any vehicle, and I am sure that someone that goes on this forum will know of a car being trailered getting involved in an accident.
Methinks the strength of the DTRC is down to lower entry fees, and a more relaxed attitude to regulations - long may it continue, and driving to the races is allowed (yippee). We did chuckle when we saw the original Mod-prod rules stating that you could NOT drive to the circuit!!!