View Single Post
Old 13 Feb 2008, 18:57 (Ref:2128139)   #1
M.Lowe
Veteran

M.Lowe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liam Doran to use RS200

I got this yesterday via email

Pat and Liam raise the bar!!

Pat and Liam Doran have announced their plans for the 2008 Rallycross Season and there is plenty of activity taking place at the Doran camp to keep the fans stimulated for their fix of Rallycross over the coming season.

Pat Doran has announced that he intends to run full BRC campaign taking part in the Kumho Tyres British Rallycross Championship. All seven rounds will be attended by the big guy where he will kick off the Duo Motorsport campaign at his - quite literally 'home' circuit of Lydden Hill, Doran said "So much has taken place over the winter break I don't know where to begin, most people are aware that I have taken ownership of Lydden and I intend to make lots of changes in effort to bring back European Rallycross where it belongs. We've started making amendments to the paddock area already and we aim to have hard standing throughout before the season opener over the easter weekend, we aim to get the old offices replaced with some proper static buildings. On top of that we will be pushing hard to get the spectator facilities improved too!"

On asking Pat about his plans for the 'established' Duo Racing team he replied " For a starter we have bought our RS200 back from George (Tracey) and I can confirm that Liam will be piloting her hopefully at every round of the MSA Championship" Doran said "The RS200 will be decalled with the new Hydrex/Duo Rallycross Team livery (yet to be revealed) and will look amazing, Liam has already driven 'Rosie' on several occasions and he fully intends to show the guys in the modern machinery the way home and show the spectators what Rallycross is all about"

Pat himself intends to run a full BRC campaign in his Fiesta ST Supercar "We've done a lot of work on the Fiesta over the winter break, she's literally been stripped right back to nothing and we've put her on a diet to fall in line with the new european regs" Pat went on to say "The european regs have changed to allow a minimum weight of 1300kgs including driver - this makes the game a whole lot more exciting and means we can now compete in Europe and be competitive" he said, "although we are running a full BRC campaign I intend to do a few rounds with the 'big boys' too, we've got a great team now, we learned a lot last year, the Fiesta is lighter, we've sorted a whole host of faults from a power perspective and we really think our capabilites of success have improved ten-fold!"

The exisitng RWD Fiesta of Liam Doran's which was used in the Supermodified category will be retained for show events and displays while it's developments will be continued.