View Single Post
Old 17 Feb 2002, 23:02 (Ref:218215)   #20
Rookie

#57 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FlyingFinn,

Well, i live in the U.S. and i have to agree that you cannot compare a British/European series to one here. Somebody in a previous post did, so i continued the pattern. I must disagree on the cars in BDPS being equal, but that is a arguement i will not touch.

There is not a great deal of disparity with U.S.2000 teams. The teams in Toyota Atlantic are not watching BDPS drivers, they are instead watching to see whose father of a BDPS driver gets a big year end bonus from their employer. When a wealthy team owner in Toyota Alantic wants to help a young driver they normally pay for a season in USF2000. ie Buddy Rice, Aaron Justice etc...

Also, abt Toyota Atlantic being the next step before CART, i don't know abt that. I don't know what the path to a champ car would be. CART owns Toy Atlantic, and Skip Barber made a business deal with CART to be the officail feeder series. In the past few seasons no one has won the Atlantic title and done anything specail, including racing a champ car.

Both USF2000 and BDPS have put out some ok drivers, and a few specail drivers. I think if you talk to a driver who wants to really preapre for a racing career in North America 9 out of 10 times that person will choose USF2000. You really learn alot more when you are with a team and not BDPS chasis no. R87 and one mechanic and one engineer for 5 cars.