View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2013, 18:54 (Ref:3220723)   #15
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Honestly, I'm starting to think that this provisional guaranteed starting spot system is worse than last year's. All you have to do is be top 42 in points, with the guy 43rd or lower in points having to qualify 36th place or better to make the show, no matter what. It hadn't been an issue until this weekend.
That's right, the new system punishes part-time drivers who qualify

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Yes, I'd like to see the fastest 43, but say that someone like Jimmie or Brad has an engine issue or spinout, thus missing the race and having devastated championship hopes?

There should be a more reasonable provisional system, like drivers within a certain amount of points (30-40) who can use the provisional, or only the ones top 10 in points.
My system would be the one used last year, but with only the top 20 / 25 drivers as A-list instead of 35. That way, the top 20 / 25 drivers in the standings are guaranteed into the race, but part-time drivers just need to qualify in the top 43 to race (actually, top 42 if there's a A-list driver, top 41 if there's two, etc).