Thread: Sebring 2018
View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2018, 19:21 (Ref:3807127)   #15
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
My buddies and I are heading down at the crack of dawn on Wednesday. Ours is a 9.5 hour drive. Hoping we get there in time for the historics race.

The rest of the local crew will arrive by Friday at the latest, total of 20-25 people in our camp.

We're just down the road from Scottyp, across from the restrooms towards the hairpin. I always fly a Michelin flag and an ALMS flag on my pathetic pvc flag poles. Do stop by if you're in the area.

Funny story. Several years ago I posted a similar message, here's our camp, stop by if you'd like. So on Thursday I think it was these two guys walk towards us in our camp looking all unsure and timid. I'm thinking who the heck are these guys? Then one of them is like, are you ATLFalconsFAN??? And I'm like yeah, what of it? I'd totally forgotten I'd told people to stop by. So it was a father and son (don't recall the son's username). It was their first time at Sebring and they really didn't know exactly what they should be doing, but they brought a tent and so we told them to put their tent next to us. The son was a fun, good guy, but it took a little while for him to get there. I felt like he was a bit shy. He had this long hair that he must have been working on for years, looked straight out of one of those old romance novels where the guy is sitting on a horse. It was either Friday or Saturday night, we'd all been drinking all day and were just hammered. So the kid exclaims, "Let's cut my hair!" We were like, not so sure you want to do that bud, seems like it's kinda your thing and you'll end up regretting it. But he insisted and said he knew what he was doing. Only problem then was that we did not have any scissors. We ended up chopping off like a foot or more of hair with a steak knife! Will never forget that. Surprisingly him and his dad showed up again next year, and then I saw them another time randomly at COTA.

So if you're reading this stop by again. If you need a haircut we can handle it!