Old 25 Jan 2012, 20:53 (Ref:3017020)   #41
diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman View Post
John Farrell's Anglesey national record - if we allow that as a record, don't we need to check every other race in which a FF1600-spec car might have competed, as well as FF1600 only races? Take it off the list, Josh!
No, leave it on. On those two days FF1600 were invited to form a class within the Formula Free races, which is different to an FF1600 driver entering a Formula Libre race independently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Sowman View Post
Cadwell - didn't spot Peter Dempsey's lap record on the list of Cadwell Park lap records. Perhaps SMART didn't time that meeting.
No it was a BRSCC meeting and I was there standing in for the absent Harry Potter. It would have been TSL, or were they still MST then?

Staying with Cadwell, what about the shorter circuit. I was there in the mid 70's helping Eddie Jordan [oh how I can name drop ] and he won that race. Afterwards he got called to the CoC. "What's all that about?" asked Richard Dutton [more name dropping]. "Probably sh*ggin' yellow flags" EJ replied. He was wrong. He didn't stop at the finish line after the slowing down lap to collect his bubbly was all it was.