View Single Post
Old 26 Dec 2016, 11:05 (Ref:3698512)   #375
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Winder-Barrow Speedway. Yes, I know all about Winder-Barrow, also about Dixie Speedway, I raced there, years ago, when it was a paved track. The only problem is that both of these are dirt tracks. Don't get me wrong, but I'm not into dirt track racing, like I was in the past. Unfortunately, it has little effect on NASCAR racing these days, other than some drivers trying to move up into the NASCAR ranks. If it were like it were, back in the day, when dirt track racing was a part of NASCAR, (unfortunately, that ended around 1971) I'd be allot more interested. I'm a fan of paved short track racing and those are the tracks that they closed. The nearest paved track in in South Carolina. I've been to it before, but it is just too far away and cost too much to go there on a regular basis. When Gresham and Lanier were opened, we had allot of good short track racing here, especially at Gresham, it was on the K&N East schedule and really looked like it was going to take off, but then everything went to Hell and now we have nothing.

As to Winder-Barrow, yes a race occasionally does break out at the fights there. A few years ago, that was okay, I'd be in there swinging away with the best of them. But now a day, I've gotten a bit too old for that kind of thing. I only fight when/if I have too, not like in the old days, when I was ready to fight at the drop of a hat. Guess getting old does that to you. Oh well, such is life. Like I said, paved short track racing is no more, it's dead and gone, in North Georgia. I got nothing.