Old 11 Jul 2017, 00:07 (Ref:3750301)   #40
Motorsport Prospects
Rookie

Canada
Montreal
Motorsport Prospects should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
I don't think a World Championship would work - simply transporting cars, engines, spares, drivers and personell around the world would add too much costs for a driver who is still fairly early in their career without the big name sponsors.

Best to have specific events - the Macau Grand Prix, and the Masters at Zandvoort. The Americas never really took to F3.

A European event is straightforward for European teams to get to, and Macau works because of the logistics subsidised by the Macau authorities, as the event promotes the territory to the world.
My understanding is that it would not be a world championship but a European championship supporting F1 with regional F3 Lite series feeding into it.

I was talking to the organizers of the US F4 Championship this weekend and a world F4 shootout as well as a regional North American F3 series are being evaluated but they are looking for a sponsor. There are a lot of moving pieces in play right now and it will take at least 2 years for them to all settle into place.