View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2017, 09:43 (Ref:3754200)   #89
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Er posted this previously in the wrong thread....

Poor old DTM huh, that leaves 12 drivers *cough 3.5 cough*.

I guess some will move over to new teams running Audi's or BMW's. I think some of these european touring car series need to take a look at the Aussie V8 Supercars and how much better that series is from an entertainment perspective (not driver quality, DTM has a fantastic field of course). But so many more races and most of them longer (esp the enduros), much bigger fields. I kind of feel the driver talent goes to waste in DTM with their short schedule and barely minimum field size. Maybe it's big in Germany but no one has heard of it on this side of the world.

But anyway Mercedes in FE... that might mean the end of Buemi's domination. Who are their current development drivers that might get the seats? George Russell? With Aikten being a flop in GP3 so far, I'd expect Russell to take that title with the current momentum he has. Move up to F2 in 2018 then FE in 2019 if he performs?

Or maybe they're looking to pull over a couple of their on form DTM drivers. Paffett, Wickens, Di Resta, Engel, Auer, Mortara...

I bet Di Resta wouldn't mind a chance at single seaters again. Engel has shown some suprising pace in FE at times this year. Paffett is probably tintops for life though.