Old 6 May 2003, 17:27 (Ref:1583438)   #18
Chris Townsend
Veteran

United Kingdom
London
Chris Townsend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bryan

Agree about the Rollinson car based on 722-45
Also out there, though perhaps it's only tested and never raced is a 74B based on an ex Coulon 732 chassis. This is mentioned first as being sold to Mike Sullivan racing for Alan Jones, to go alongside their 712M/722, but then it mysteriously stays at March, because a few weeks later there's a piece about Johnny Nick testing it to see if it's more competitive than the Lyncar. [JN stuck with the Lyncar...]
If F1R is to be believed Coulon's cars in 73 were 732-7 and 732-12.
As F1R give 732-7 as Laurent Ferrier's car in F2 in 1976 the probability is that this was 732-12.

Another 712M in Atlantic in 74 is 712M-11. This appears for Richard Robinson and is described as ex Colin Andrews. Andrews's car in 73 Atlantic is described as a former Shell-Arnold car raced by Jaussaud, so probably 712M-11 as that seems to have been the chassis he raced most often. Robinson is entered by Mike Sullivan Racing, and I suspect that the 722 which they enter for Alan Jones and Richard Knight is probably this car.

Howard Rose: Goes on to race [or rather to not qualify for some races] in the 1977 ShellSport series. I noted the chassis number of his car in those races at the time, but, callow youth that I was, I never thought my records important and now don't know where they are. However, I do remember that the plate was that of a 753. So there are two Rose cars.

Last edited by John Turner; 17 Apr 2006 at 08:32. Reason: Chassis Archive edit!