View Single Post
Old 13 Jul 2013, 00:20 (Ref:3277192)   #6
TheNotSoHidden
Rookie

TheNotSoHidden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
After the first track,I decided to recreate a gmap-pedometer track I did for another forum,and hopefully I made it better than before.

15 miles southwest of London,in an airport,I present to you: Biggin Hill Raceway.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...4be2f0be&msa=0

A Lap of the Track:

The start finish straight is wide,and gets wider after the pit exit when it takes up almost the entire width of the runway. Then comes a 1st,possibly second gear hairpin due to the wide track,that is a prime overtaking spot on the circuit,turn 1. After the massive overtakes at turn 1,overtaked drivers have a chance to redeem themselves in the following straight.Then comes the second hairpin in a row,turn 2. However,this one is different from turn 1 in the fact that the track tightens significantly after this,and should be taken in first gear unless you really want to go in second.Yet another straight is after this as we fly down into turn 3,a 3rd gear right hander that could yet be another overtaking spot,but only for the brave this time. The first sector ends on the straight leading up to this turn.

Turn 3 is not to be taken lightly,as a long,long,long turn 4 comes straight after that.As you are accelerating through turn 4,be mindful that it tightens directly into turn 5 ,and a quick deceleration to third,second for some,should get around the tight bit.The track opens up considerably due to being on yet another runway,and a perfect time to open the taps. Then it's on the brakes again for the second gear chicane,turn 6-7,inviting another overtaking opportunity. A short straight follows,before heading into the dreaded,sometimes crazy,turn 8. Taken in 4th for the seriously brave,this is a sharp,fast kink with the smallest of runoff areas due to the A233 and an unfortunately placed set of landing guide lights in the way.And there's no straight after that to take a breather. After that the track narrows into a lightning fast S-bend that is straight-lined and does not count as a turn,thought it's there to catch those off-guard from turn 8. Turn 9 comes immediately after the S-bend and has slightly more runoff,before leading onto a not-so straight straight.

After crossing the second sector,cars brake for the Brands Hatch chicane,the only named turn on the track.The chicane was placed there to give cars a minor overtaking opportunity and the VIP spectators something to see.Also,this gives drivers some respite off the throttle.Following this is turn 12 and 13,a fast right-left esses sequence that has been name by drivers as their favourite part of the track as cars accelerate from third through fourth through the bends.A minor straight leads to the final turn of the track,turn 14,a decreasing radius turn that spits drivers back out onto the main straightaway to complete a lap of the 3.44 mile Biggin Hill Raceway.

The sections that I said I had doubts with is at the extreme bottom-left of the track,especially between turns 8 and 9. Any revisions,suggestions and comments on my latest track are greatly appreciated.