View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2013, 03:53 (Ref:3295995)   #18
TheNotSoHidden
Rookie

TheNotSoHidden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First track in a while,and I feel it's probably one of my more detailed tracks yet.Located in an old,probably abandoned airfield near Oxford,named after a nearby village...

Oakley Raceway

This track is one of my personal favourites so far. Fast,yet handling is a must. Tight turns,yet long,sweeping bends. A blend of modern track design with the old.I don't think any description does this track justice.

The main reason I like the track,though,is because I created "old" layouts of the track,from the original in 1953,to the safety revisions in 1984,to the latest layout. I've even taken the time to go into detail as to why the track layout was changed in each segment. These old layouts give the track...character,which is the one thing that makes a track good. You can design a track in the middle of the desert shaped exactly like Monza,Brands or Spa,with the exact elevation changes,tarmac surfaces,runoff areas,the whole lot,and yet your track will be worse than all of those because of character,which is what I try to do with all my tracks.

Opinions,remarks and revisions are more than welcome.