View Single Post
Old 31 Aug 2020, 18:31 (Ref:3999284)   #2418
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it is difficult to ascertain how much of an advantage DRS gives the following driver but when it comes to cases of two drivers driving the same equally healthy cars on the same tire compound/strategy one presumes the ability to get within the DRS zones comes primarily from driver skill.

that Bottas has regularly failed to get into his team mates DRS zone to effect a pass to me suggests that DRS works as intended (to help a car overcome the inherent aero stability/dirty air issues) while still respecting the need for driver skill to get into the zone in the first place.

of course i am assuming that LH is the better driver...which for reasons that still baffle is not a universally agreed upon fact.

obviously if the following driver has a car/tire advantage then they can get by a little more quickly...which again is the point of DRS right? rather. it should not be so hard for a faster car to get through hence the need for DRS in the first place.

that feels very wordy, but imo the DRS zone worked as intended at Spa.

Albon taking a few too many laps to get past Gastly (i think thats who it was) was curious in that we still cannot accurately gauge who is the better driver between the two where as Ocon needing it to get past Albon makes me think Ocon is below both of them.

without DRS they all would have followed each other hoping the driver infront had to pit, made a mistake, or had an accident....for some that is a more pure form of racing and at one time i probably would have agreed with that but now after several years of DRS i actually do think it helps move the races along.

i guess maybe i have just normalized it.