View Single Post
Old 9 Mar 2017, 00:09 (Ref:3717360)   #4
Bitsa7
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland
Bitsa7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
my 2cents

Our premier classes need to cover a few bases - Single Seater, Touring Cars, OneMake, Development

I for one believe touring cars should be that, cars from the showroom floor suitably modified for competition, base them on real cars, that's the class for the good old kiwi tinkerers and some with big engineering budgets, it allows sub classes based on minimum weights or engine capacity or induction type.

If you want to go down the Supertourer/TLX/AP4/Spaceframed single chassis lookalike cars then so be it, but these are not touring cars, they should bee seen as OneMake classes. Each year or two allow evolution of the chassis and or engine.

Single Seater - TRS is going ok, could probably continue for a little while, but it would be nice to see something bigger and faster.

Development - Ssangyong utes seems to be working well. Keep it coming and again perhaps every year or two allow an upgrade to engine or suspension/brake packages. These current utes are a few years in now, so I wonder what the succession plan is for when they are a bit long in the tooth? Is there a newer Ssangyong ute coming out?