View Single Post
Old 14 Jul 2010, 21:08 (Ref:2726788)   #1039
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
I agree with this as well, mountainstar...

Gosh, maybe I need to go to Confession...the apocalypse must be drawing near!

Seriously...I think that a common basic monococque with the freedom to design everything else within some loose guidelines that would open up the creativity would have been the best move.

As far as looks, I would not have wanted to see a bunch of DeltaWings running around on the track...and the current Dallara is an ugly race car.
Yes I agree might be time for you to go to confession. Those that supported tony george have a lot to answer for.

You have to wonder what ganassi's thoughts are on all this after his move with the delta wing to take intellectual and financial control over chassis supply and parts. It's clear the speedway is keeping the dallara money train close to their chest. Unfortunately I don't have the inside line at ganassi anymore so I don't know.

Personally I find myself these days gravitating to other parts of motorsport that traditionally I would not have followed. Things like targa rallies, historics, open road motorcycle racing like the Isle of Man TT, off road racing and so on. Reason being there is no creativity anymore with things like nascar, F1, indycar and so on. No creativity with the tracks, cars and even the drivers are soulness PR automatons. Boring.