View Single Post
Old 14 Mar 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3040784)   #1684
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Just looked at the BBC schedule for Sunday and it says that from 2-4pm there will be Formula 1 'highlights'. I do feel bad for people watching it on that and like that.

I'm not being funny and I know it's not my place to delve into your financial situation which is private and personal, but can you not afford £30 a month? I know I have all sorts of things having to leave my account I don't enjoy which add up to far more (council tax, etc) and I wonder whether you'd notice the £30 as much as you suggest. As I say, I didn't like the enforced move to paying for F1, but I've cast aside principles for personal practicality; I'd rather see it properly than not see it.
Put it this way, its very rare I don't go into my overdraft each month so adding 30 quid to it would be less than sensible. Is it really out of your grasp to understand that 30 quid is not a small amount of money for everyone? It might be a minor inconvenience for someone like yourself, but its significant to me! I find it rather insulting when I am told I could afford it if I really wanted it and that I should alter the way I live to accommodate a previously free service. I'm sure you've all got it good and this deal is great if you earn enough but I'm as big a fan as any of you and I'm annoyed I'm being forced into watching a dumbed down version of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peat View Post
You could cancel your broadband for a start. Where there's a will.......
I could also get Welsh water to turn off my supply to as that would save 25 quid every month but like your suggestion that would be stupid. If I had my broadband cut off I wouldn't earn any money fullstop as it is a little more essential than a lot of other things.