View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3739545)   #2
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Just found out what I thought was an interesting piece of LM24 trivia, and wanted to share (for any who didn't already know).

I've been attending since only 2010, and it dawned on me that I've only seen 1 winning driver that isn't a European (Earl Bamber in 2015).

On scrolling back through the winner list on Wiki, I found only 3 winning crews that didn't contain at least 1 European driver.

Just wondered if anyone could name those years, or the winnings crews etc?

Anyone got any other cool trivia that they'd like to share? Like that a Canadian won way back in 1924 and remains the only Canadian victor?
Great idea for a thread!

I'm guessing that 2 of the 3 were Ford GT40s. There was an all New Zealand crew and an all American crew, but I can't remember the years or which way round they were. No idea about the 3rd.