Thread: IMSA Race 2017 12 Hours of Sebring
View Single Post
Old 20 Mar 2017, 16:22 (Ref:3720224)   #482
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having read more of the thread, and thought a little (as much as I can):

BoP was right for this race. The best cars crewed by the best teams came out on top.

As for what endurance racing is supposed to be ... this was it.

Some cars set up for the heat, and led all day (Ford.) Some cars set up for the cooler weather, and came back in the dark.

Ford could have has its 1 -2-3 and its Big Three ... but forgot that leading all day doesn’t mean crap if you don’t lead the last lap.

People who were not “excited” had best stick to sprint racing. Side-by-side sprints to the checker are Not the domain of endurance racing ... if the winner is in question into the last stint, That is a tense enduro.

Endurance racing is about lasting, adapting, overcoming, and making sure you have the best car and crew in the final two hours.

If you need an adrenaline rush, go sky-diving.

This was a really good race from trackside. I will watch it on YouTube or whatever later, but i cannot imagine it will be much less.

Not many cautions, no stupid calls, no idiotic driving (Thanks, PC) and good competition.

I have been a Bleekemolen fan for years, and he really kicked butt at Sebring.

The GT class offered a ton of good competition. I was glad to see ford not win, but more glad to see them beat on pace.

Rebellion once again disappointed me massively. Why they cannot make their car run, I cannot fathom. JDC-Miller had no problems. Pr1-Mathieson had no problems. Rebellion had pace—and massive and varied issues. Rebellion has (IMO) the strongest driver line-up on the grid, and certainly Potentially the best car. Please get it together Rebellion.

Likely we can expect a season of “Which Cadillac will win” but if they win by being better, I can deal with that.

Someone said that the turbo motors could also make the torque. I am not sure, but it does seem to me that they could trades some top end speed for some low-end pulling power and it would benefit them. Maybe the turbo teams got too excited by top-speed numbers at Daytona, and forgot how odd a course that is.

Mazda at least managed a top-five. I am not sure I can hope for much more than a few poles from Mazda this year. I don’t see a two-liter being competitive and reliable when matched against a motor three times that size.

Anyway ... my health has still not recovered, so I will not prattle on any further here.

Great race. an actual Sebring 12 Hours, IMO. Sorry for those who think otherwise.