View Single Post
Old 11 May 2010, 13:57 (Ref:2688620)   #8
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Very close at the top (makes a nice change), good to see Latvala take the win but we could have done with Hirvonen being in front of Loeb as well really.
What was the issue with Mikko? Car/setup trouble? To this armchair enthusiast, he didn't seem to be himself for some reason.

I reckon Loeb should be made to start with a time penalty on each rally because when he really really has to work hard, he looks quite spectacular on the absolute limit. I like the attacking style. I think with what we saw from day 2, we could say that he has been driving well within himself for the last couple of years only except on a handful of occasions. When he really has to put pedal to metal, he is in a different league I'm afraid. Odd to see a few incidents and mistakes from him though, I guess that proves there is a limit to how long you can drive at the limit and sustain it.

Ogier's nerves got to him and it cost him (I doubt we will ever find out what the incident with his co-driver was really about), just missing out by 2 and a bit seconds. Sordo must be really watching over his shoulder now. Best start looking for some Telefonica sponsorship to run a priviteer car soon Dani.

It would be nice to see some more camera shots from outside but I guess this is logistically difficult to do not to mention costly.