Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 11 Feb 2022, 12:53 (Ref:4098245)   #3896
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The weight is the most important factor for me, this is where the cars can look slow and lumbering is in the slower corners and on direction change. I know for a long time the cars weighed about 500kg, then in the 90s went to 600kg. Not sure what they weigh now but I believe it’s knocking on for 800kg.

Yes, 795kg sadly.

685kg with all the current safety features and a 3L V10 with KERS with a smaller cars and smaller/lighter wheels and tires would be perfectly possible.

With a wider car a few kilo's more. Unfortunately we will never going to see those weights no more because of the choices made on drivetrain, car and wheel/tire size.

Imagine that, the new generation ultra fast cars that are able to follow one another like we haven't seen in more than two decades. Ultra fast in the fast corners due to ground effects and much more nimble in the slow ones because 110kg lighter weight. Add to that a nice sounding V10 that all teams can afford and that runs on 100% sustainable fuel. You'd have the perfect F1 car. Oh well....

Last edited by Taxi645; 11 Feb 2022 at 12:59.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.