diz
Veteran

England
Cheshire
diz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
##
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
Because it is part of the 'organisation' of a championship. It is in the title. Organising clubs are partially responsible for the content of race day programmes but lap record data has been neglected by them.
As I said earlier, why should the organising club have to maintain lap record data? That is the circuits job
As I also said, it is possible that there are lists kept, but that they are not published and readily available to the people they concern, the competitors. I know that Anglesey don't keep this info and AFAIK Oulton don't either.

I am compiling this list as I have a personal and vested interest in FF1600 across the UK. I would happily produce lists for other series if I had the time; I'm currently applying for PGCE courses and as thus my world doesn't solely revolve around motorsport. For those whose business it is, I would suggest they should compile lists (even if you disagree with me over this). If I am one of these "those whose business it is" then I'm not. FF1600 is - and always has been - just an unpaid hobby for me

Once these lists are compiled, keeping them up to date is a very simple task. Every time there is a FF1600 race I will have to simply check the fastest laps to see if they have eclipsed those recorded on the list. This will take around 1 minute per race (most of that being taken in the time to load the TSL PDFs).

The problem is that the upkeep of these lists has been neglected and thus, before the simple cross-referencing process can take place, the records have to be compiled again. Further to that, arguments arise over track conditions etc ad infinitum. The fact that I, as a competitor, have had to take this into my own hands says something about the administrative capabilities of the circuits and organising bodies.

Maybe, rather than trying to replicate other clubs' successful series, the BARC, MSVR, BRSCC etc. should focus on strengthening their own championships rather than further diluting club motorsport. This would partially negate the problem about multiple series running to the same regs. But, that is for another discussion/thread.BARC is Classic, plus the occasional Trophy Race, MSVR is JEB's baby and probably part of the JP Master Plan to boot and BRSCC is Regional and National, although I realise that not everybody wants to race with them.

Just had a thought, has FF1600 ever raced at Jurby?

So if - as you appear to favour - the clubs took on the task, you would have BARC, MSVR, BRSCC and a couple of Scottish clubs and a few Irish clubs and Castle Combe all doing the same thing. Not good.