View Single Post
Old 24 Oct 2010, 18:57 (Ref:2779738)   #164
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Trying to work out how many individual RS1600is actually appeared in the BTCC...What I don't know is how many cars some of the longer-running teams (especially Brooklyn and Datapost) actually used

According to the entry lists we worked out in the individual season threads, they were as follows:

1983: all new cars,
2x Datapost (Richard Longman/Alan Curnow)
1x Brooklyn (Chris Hodgetts)
1x Pegasus Mouldings/Julian May (Jock Robertson) first appeared mid-season
1x Lloyds of Stafford (Rob Hall)
1x Abbott Racing (Lionel Abbott)

1984:
2x Datapost (Longman/Curnow)- were these new cars, or the '83 pair carried over?
1x Brooklyn (Hodgetts)- again, the '83 car, or a new one?
1x Pegasus/Julian May (Robertson)- presumably the original car, which first appeared mid-season in '83
1x Lloyds/Universal Grinding Wheels (Rob Hall)- run by John Maguire I think. Same car as in 83?
1x Total Oils (Barry Lee)

1985:
1x Datapost (Curnow) Longman ran an RS Turbo, and I think Curnow's RS1600i was Longman's 1984 chassis?
3x Brooklyn (Hodgetts/John Morris, plus Alex Moss late season. Presumably at least one of these was a new car. The Hodgetts car was shunted at Thruxton and a new one built. Hodgetts also used Tim Hill's Group A rallycar for at least one round. Was the Moss car new, a rebuild of the wrecked Hodgetts original, or the Tim Hill car?
1x John Jeffreys Engineering (Richard Belcher)- think this was an ex-Longman/Datapost car
1x North Essex/Julian May (Patrick Watts) crashed at Thruxton and a new one built
1x Marshall-Asquith (Karl Jones) a one-off at the GP- think Gregor M. told me on another forum that this was a car leased from Richard Longman, so presumably an ex-Datapost?
1x Barry Lee- just a couple of starts in his 1984 car.

As we know, Curnow's Datapost car and the Belcher/John Jeffreys car were both sold to New Zealand at the end of the season, and appeared in the 1985/6 Nissan-Mobil races.
IIRC, there was another ex-Datapost car in NZ which also ran the Nissan-Mobil races- which one was this? Curnow's 1984 car?

1x Brooklyn (Paul Taft)- the 'new' Hodgetts car from mid-85
1x North Essex/Julian May (Belcher/Phil Dowsett)- the replacement car post-Thruxton '85
1x Abbott Racing (Lionel Abbott)- an early-season one-off- I guess this was his little-raced 1983 car, which I think was being advertised for sale during '86?

1x North Essex/Julian May (Dowsett/Watts/Keith Norman- same car as 85
1x AJG Transport/Alan Gaunt (Belcher/Mark Goddard)- the ex-Hodgetts/Taft Brooklyn car from 85/6

1x North Essex/Julian May (Vic Lee/Jeremy Rossiter/Barbara Cowell- the usual car dating back to 1985
1x AJG Transport/Alan Guant (Goddard) same car as 1987