View Single Post
Old 8 Oct 2006, 19:48 (Ref:1732194)   #3
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner
I resisted the appeal of the AMOC (Donington) and Top Hat (Mallory) this weekend, and chose instead to take a gentle run down to one of my more local circuits, Snetterton, with my neighbour (a Corvette & TVR enthusiast!). It proved to be a fine meeting. Not only were there some great cars and races, I finally met up with Ten Tenthers, dtype38, Falcemob, and Eric Falce. In addition fellow Ten Tenther and former mod, Andrew Kitson introduced us to a very famous musician who just happens to be a motor racing fan and Ferrari fanatic and who was quite prepared to spectate and chat with us.

Other highlights included the presence of no less than three of the original mid 60's TVR Griffiths, one of which won its race. There were some great Jaguar dices, with one Jaguar saloon driver who felt that the right way to negotiate Coram was sideway, and a friend from my old RSSOC days, John Leslie drove his Reliant Sabre 6GT to a fine 4th in his race. Apparently, Jack Sears was wandering about around the paddock and 'Whizzo' shared a drive in an XK120. In fact a really good meeting altogether.

The racing which was supposed to start at 12.30 started about 15 minutes late, and with two crash induced red flag periods, the racing didn't finish until about 6.30 when the sun was disappearing below the horizon.

I'll post a few pics up over the next few days.
I wish Id known you were there ,I looked aftre Whizz and Dick Skipworth, maybe next time,