Thread: FIA GT GT4 - The future...?
View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2010, 15:39 (Ref:2727613)   #23
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
I really like the concept of GT4 - and especially its American cousin, the Continental Tire Challenge - but truth is that it shouldn't be a GT-series, but be regarded as one for touring cars since classical touring car tracks like Zolder are where these cars really shine, while they get spread out and boring at places like Spa or the Nürburgring.
Why would two-door coupés with two or 2+2 seats be called "touring cars"? They are stock GTs, so use that name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
From a fantasy stand-point, I'd love to see Grand-Am champion the Conti Challenge concept more and allow them in the Rolex 24. I think if European teams were given the opportunity to come and run in the Rolex 24 with a Conti-spec 'GT4' car, that could be huge.Chris
Keeping with the fanstasy thing, if IMSA took over Grand-Am, I would believe that the 24 Hours of Daytona would drop prototurtles and switch to Grand-Am Challenge privateer stock GTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy View Post
I think they've suffered with image a bit as they are always on the same bill as the same model of car but in a higher class that looks sexier and is much faster. If they were on their own as a GT race with a mix of s/seaters and saloon cars making up the program, they'd probably be the most popular on the bill.
But if they keep racing together with meaner GTs but are cheaper enough, it could work perfectly.