View Single Post
Old 10 Nov 2016, 19:30 (Ref:3687018)   #55
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
Surely there's Japanese drivers other than Sato that Honda can give a chance to? He seems to be getting worse every year. It's frustrating because he's basically a good driver but he can't help making silly mistakes that seem to have increased to multiple times every race.
He came to IndyCar in 2019, after 7 years in F1, where his highest season finish was 8th in 2004. His highest season finish in IndyCar was 13th, in 2011 and he was 14th last season.

I agree with you, he is basically a good driver but his career has been marred by so many crashes, many that seem to be unavoidable. Regarding all the crashes, I find him almost on a par with the ex, late F1 driver Andrea de Cesaris, whose reputation for crashing earned the him the nick name Andrea de Crasheris.

I think his inclusion in the team is to push Andretti as the 'Honda' team, in the same way there's that connection between Penske and Chevrolet.