View Single Post
Old 30 Oct 2016, 17:25 (Ref:3684053)   #61
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number4 View Post
Do you think NASCAR trucks are crappy from experience, or are you adopting the default position of most open wheel circuit racing fans?

I just watched the truck race at Martinsville, it was my favourite race of the year so far, great action from start to finish. Much more exciting than the coma inducing F1 races I have given up forcing myself to sit through.

I think F1 cars are ridiculous. They spend billions developing aerodynamics and materials, spend more billions hauling them around the world, and then at the first corner they disintegrate in a shower of plastic chips.
I would rather listen to a big v8 through straight pipes than a washing machine motor attached to a motorcycle engine.
Almost nobody buys plastic cars, nobody buys cars with stupid wings all over them. It's all so pointless trying to beat a set of rules that get stranger every year.

I guess I must have these feelings because I am a Redneck Good Ol' Boy from the Deep South (of England).
What I find ridiculous, is they spend these billions as you say and yet the result is more often than not, a dull spectacle and not much actual racing between the drivers. I've got to the point where I prefer to watch Qualifying than the actual race. Another thing I find is given the chance F1 over complicates things. For example do they really need all those tyre compounds? If F1 wants to appear to be cutting costs and greener, why not have just two compounds? It must take a lot of energy and resources to produce all those tyres.