View Single Post
Old 30 Aug 2017, 15:40 (Ref:3762965)   #738
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Alonso is putting that awful Honda engine into places it does not deserve to be, in qualifying and outracing his teammate by reasonable measure.

If the Hondaites tell the team to trust them, and promise a new engine spec, and it doesnt show up for whatever illogical reason (it hasn't really been fully explained has it) and the lead pilot has problems in practice that make no sense with throttle position and energy store release, what is left to do?

The Honda engine as shown at Spa, was outdragged by every other car in the field.

No amount of strategy was going to fix that.

It is a terrible deal for the team, for Honda, for the driver.

Who expected Honda to stuff this up so badly? Not me.

The 'Honda or me' ultimatum in the press is a neat & tidy way of using the team's best asset to leverage a solution out of Honda.

Is a Renault going to be leaps & bounds better?
A 3rd string Renault after all.. the works cars & RBR in the queue ahead of them.

Mr Senna did wonders in that old Ford-powered car in 1993 against better engined opposition. Would be great to see what is possible when they are on the same playing field...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods