View Single Post
Old 10 Jul 2009, 03:53 (Ref:2498754)   #16
Adrian B
Rookie

Adrian B should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36ST View Post
Just an update on this, Jim Boult sold his car to Peter Sturgeon in Christchurch earlier this year.

So if my understanding is correct, we have:

1. The first Group C car built in 1981 for Grice and still possibly around somewhere in Grp C trim. Possibly one of the Bowdens ones?

2. The second Group C car built for Jim Richards in 1982. Run by Neville Crichton at Winton in 1985, then to Jim Keogh, Jim Boult and now Peter Sturgeon. This was the car with the periscope camera fitted.

3. The first Group A car in which Jim won the 1985 ATCC, bought by Jim then David Towe and now with Adrian Brady.

4. The JPS / Archibald Grp A car built for Neville Crichton in 1985, now with Graham Dodd in Christchurch.

5. The final Grp A car built but never raced, also with Bowdens.

Sound about right?
Not quite (but close)......

1. First Group C car (grice) was made from an ex-European Group 2, now owned by Dean Howe in Melbourne.
2. Second Group C car (Richards, Gardner) was built from BMW motorsport Group A shell, converted back to GpA at end of 1984, now with Peter Sturgeon.
3. 1984 Bathurst car GpA, 1985 ATCC, Better Brakes, Endurance Championship car used by Jim Richards. Sold to Garry Rogers in 1986. Now with me.
4. Neville Creighton's 1985 car, sold to Archibald. Used by Charlie O'Brien for some events in 1986. Now with Graham Dodd.
5. Richards early 1986 car (wasnt ready for the start of the season so he used the 1985 car for 2 rounds). I think sold to Archibald in mid 1986, driven at Bathurst by Bartlett and Crowe. In NZ now. I will check the name of the present owner.
6. The last GpA car was built 1986, used by JR/TL at Sandown, Bathurst, JR at Calder, Oran Park. Sold to Ray Gulson at end of 1986 and used for many years at Bathurst. Now in the Bowden collection.
7. There was one extra car that never raced in Australia and was going to be turned in to video game ride, but never happened. I think this car raced in Europe before arriving in Australia. Is now in the Bowden collection.

I think........

Adrian.