View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2017, 10:20 (Ref:3702499)   #11
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
in case you didn't read post #2:
'He has not won a top line single seater race, lucked into a DTM title and frankly didn't spank Haryanto as he should have.'

Perhaps you'd care to rationally critique this rather than a simple rebuttal with no substance?
What on earth do you mean? Unless you want me to elaborate, but Beryl has done a goob job of that now...

...If you want me to rationally critique a bizarre counter argument, when and where has Pascal Wehrlein had a chance to win a "top line single seater race?"

The reason I'm not dismantling your argument but instead asking you questions is to get you to think critically about your argument. Which bits are strong points, which bits are weak? This is quite simply a woeful argument because the moment you look into Wehrlein's "top line single seater" races, you'll realise that he has never raced in GP2 or FR3.5. His season in F1 was with the team which could only score points thanks to a phenomenal drive by Wehrlein himself at the Austrian Grand Prix. What do you expect him to win? As I have already said, these are also the circumstances that Mercedes themselves provided for him. If they wanted him to win top line single seater races, why put him in DTM? Pascal was also runner-up in the 2012 F3 Euro Series, but perhaps this just doesn't count as "top line?". He won a race in his second DTM season before winning his DTM title with a race to spare. Please could someone explain to me how you luck into a title before the season has finished???!!!

I don't really think there's much to say beyond that. I have repeated Beryl in places but since you're seem so desperate to have me die on the cross I've made as I'm obviously not providing anything of rational substance, there you go.