Old 25 Mar 2006, 21:30 (Ref:1560540)   #42
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
Sir John Whitmores ETCC winning car is alive and well, as is Sir John and Alan Mann.

I don't know if there's an 'official' record of cars prepared by AM, if the organisation was anything like Willment then I'd expect not.

As for reshelling, it was done when they where new, and obviously is still done today. I'm not convinced there are many if any genuine original race cars still in use, some of those that are have been built as replicas and originals either 'museumed' or scrapped
Bob Winkelman who resides in San Francisco has one of the original Mk1s shipped over to the States by Colin Chapman,original shell,alloy bonnet boot and doors,big alloy tank etc. He has owned the vehicle since new, or after Chapman finished racing with it, think he bought all three that wiped the boared in the sixty's, apparently they where driven by Clark ,Whitmore and co but no records kept of who drove what.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"