Peter McKinley
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin Ireland
Peter McKinley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IANHEB
Peter,
Your gearbox (1611) and the next one (1612) were invoiced to Lant Cars SA early in 1983.This ties in with two new "RR 83 's" that are entered for Dave Charlton and A.N.Other from April 83.There was at least 1,but probably 2, of the RR82 's used during 1982 so I would say that your car is the fourth Lant built.
There are 2 other complete cars still here .I need to look at them carefully and check for tub/g.box numbers before commenting further on your car.I know one has Ralt suspension and the other Lant.
I do not know of any difference between the Ralt and Lant tubs as far as design is concerned.I wonder if any other Ralt owners can confirm that the AM number is stamped in the same place that yours has been ground off ?
Regards
Ian
I cant post any photos of car or its details. If someone wants me to e-mail photos I can do so easily. can quite easily take digital images crop to detail and post. Thank you all so much for all your contribuitions and info so far. Does the AM stamp indicate Arch Motors. Incidentally my car broke its rear extended aluminium boxes, and was fully repaired and rebuilt by Gomme Metal Developments in Woking Surrey England shortly after i bought the car. The cause of failure was that the top cam box to rear of tub connector plate had been ommitted during engine change over. Ron Tauranac visited Gomme Metal Developments to have a look at the car, apparently he only lived up the road. Thr roll hoop was also extended down further onto the main side tubs as it was felt the original rool hoop location etc was marginal.