View Single Post
Old 29 Jun 2007, 17:39 (Ref:1964842)   #11
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkybm
Checking some of my information, Florent Moulin has Chassis RA2-51 and in his words "It has a nice race history including 3 entries at SPA 24 hours. Was driven by very famous pilotes like Ballot-Lena/Metge/Andruet/Haisnault "

He also knows of Chassis RA1-005 which was for sale last year.
"The body is from 83 the first serial as the Motorsport type is E24 RA1 and an early number in this serial as if I remember correctly it's #005, my car for instance has body from 84 and is E24 RA2 #051. I think the car was used in 83 in ETCC as Group A and then converted to "French Production" spec. It was really little used as it raced only in 84 and then stored. The regulations were slightly different from the GRA ones as it had a carburators 360 HP engine, plastic windows and front bumper, lightweight interior and no center locking wheels."

I hope some of this helps.
Brilliant! I knew about the Florent Moulin car, and posted a link to the details on his website a couple of pages back. I'd speculated that it could be RA2-51 based on seeing that chassis number listed to pics of the car on another site, but it's really useful to have confirmation from Florent that it is indeed RA2-51

The information on RA1-005 is really useful- don't think that one has been mentioned at all so far. I've seen pics of a couple of French Supertourisme 635s on another forum, but nothing with any history

Thanks for this- I'll add them to the list