View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3629946)   #4
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is a bit of an unusual one for me: I've given it to the bloke who came tenth.

There were a lot of contenders. The most obvious one was the driver who hooked up the start, got clear and controlled the race on his way to the win. I could have given it to the driver who came second and kept the Mercs honest, but he was just too miserable after the race, for me. I might have given it to the driver in the new team who seems to have really raised his game this year. Equally I was tempted by the newbie this year who qualified much higher than his team normally does, and held that sort of position throughout, including some good racing against more experienced F1 drivers. But in the end I gave it to the guy who didn't even know he was racing until Thursday. First ever GP, minimal testing, next-to-no-warning, and he qualified well, kept it clean, mixed it with the rest, and really looks like the real deal.