View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2016, 11:25 (Ref:3630700)   #22
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Rosberg: Nah, wasn't actually challenged but he failed to pull away from Kimi throughout, apart from the first stint where they lost ground behind those bloody Williams'.

Kimi? No, he was never going to catch Nico, and I believe if Vettel was still in the race he would have had a good chance at the win. Kimi's too much of a grumpy sourpuss anyway.

Lewis can't really judge his performance due to damage.

Riccardo, nah just a standard performance from him, over a minute behind Mercedes - ouch.

Grosjean did another great race didn't he? But turns out the car must be pretty damn fast afterall, so it wasn't all him in Australia.

Verstappen was quick throughout and nearly caught Grosjean at the end, a LONG way ahead of Sainz. Almost DOTR.

Kvyat/Massa/Bottas: poor, poor, poor

Then there's Vandoorne in his debut back in 10th, great job, he's a future champion if he lands in the right seat. He was a couple seconds behind Button before the retirement, but he beat FI's, Saubers, Manors and Renaults in that hopeless McLaren and I think he deserved to be slightly higher, I don't know how the William's managed to get back past him because wasn't far away from Grosjean and Verstappen for a while in the middle of the race. Maybe Massa did one less stop. But yeah I'll give it Vandoorne. Put him in a Williams - doesn't matter which one he'll beat them both.

Oh yeah and Wehrlein battling with FI and Sauber. Was there another Manor even in the race.
I would take issue with a few of your views. I can't agree with you about Kvyat. I thought he used his first two longish stints on softs to good effect (16 and 18 laps) before bolting on the supersofts later.

I also think Massa was totally hampered by Williams's strategy. He made an early stop on Lap 7 to cover Ricciardo who stopped a lap earlier, but the team had him on mediums for two long stints of 22 and then 27 laps. He then got overhauled by Verstappen and Kvyat in the final stint.

Interestingly, Massa has opted for just 1 set of mediums for Shanghai, 5 of softs and 7 of supersofts.