View Single Post
Old 24 Jun 2019, 09:08 (Ref:3913881)   #9
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Does it have to be in our lifetime? I guess a season like 81 was one of the best.
I think your answer here is misunderstanding the question a little bit.

If the question was 'what was the best F1 season ever' then your answer might be more appropriate.

I'm interested to see how people respond to this thread - but more for the personal reasons behind the favourite season rather than why the season itself was good.

For me, my favourite season in F1 was 1994. Why - this was the first season that really caught my interest, and this was all because of the technical side of the sport rather than the competition. My attention was grabbed initially by, of all reasons, a car running with '0'!

This sparked my initial interest, and then when the regulations were subject to a major overhaul initiated by the reformed GPDA, my interest in the technical side was exposed to even more detail to follow. Getting behind the zero car led to ultimate disappointment in the overall championship, but meant that I was able to follow a genuinely exciting sporting contest right to the end of the season.

Obviously the season also contained tragedy - but other than that, the 1994 season contained everything I am looking for in F1. Close racing, technical developments, rules overhaul, controversy, emotion, and ultimately was the start to my love of Motorsport. And all because the number 0 was used on a car...….