View Single Post
Old 2 Aug 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1671415)   #52
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab
Wow, he won a British F3 race?! I was talking about championships & didn't know Darren had won Jap F3 ...

Having looked up his CV - it only took Manning FOUR years of doing F3 to win a champ!! Kerr won both the Class-B and then the normal F3 championships first time around. Far more impressive - and I think still the only driver ever to win both in consecutive years?
To be fair to Manning, only 1996 and 1999 can be considered to being competitive attempts in Formula 3; for in 1997 his Speedsport entry was not of the most up to date specification and his stint at Promatecme was only because of Minassian's ban. In 1998, budgetry contraints meant that he only competed in selected races. Also, the British Grand Prix support race was at the time an important race to win and in 1999, Manning won both the Macau and Korean F3 races.

That said, I'd agree that Robbie Kerr's F3 accomplishments have been impressive.