View Single Post
Old 2 Oct 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3771261)   #28
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Ah yes, Monza. Let's recap shall we?

FP1 - SV 3rd and KR 4th (Dry)
FP2 - SV 3rd and KR 4th (Dry)
FP3 - SV 10th and KR 11th (WET)

Qualified - SV 8th and KR 7th (WET)

Race result - SV 3rd and KR 5th (Dry)

So in the dry SV and KR did very good. When in the wet however, they both prove to be not so good. Cannot drive in wet weather. Overrated, both of them. But in the dry race, with a superior car SV still managed to finish 3rd and KR 5th. The Ferrari car is very good. Too bad the Ferrari drivers are not so good, specially in the wet.

Thank you, have a nice day.
Red Bull feel that Vettel is up amongst the best wet-weather drivers of all time...

https://www.redbull.com/int-en/the-r...nna-schumacher

And as is regularly stated (including by Red Bull) 'Best of all, rain is the great equaliser.'

So looking at the performances you give for VET and RAI, it just suggests that the wet conditions allow other cars to exceed their normal dry performance.

It is also impossible to describe the difference between wet and dry as a binary condition - as all of the field will have had different conditions during FP3 and Q, the results only have little merit in comparing ability.