View Single Post
Old 12 Oct 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3773936)   #55
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ickx admitted he didn't really think about racing away from the track and so that's probably why he never quite reached the highs he did early in his F1 career later on. Probably his best race was the 1974 Race of Champions, proving his wet weather skills again
That was my third ever F1 race and remember it pretty well, especially Ickx overtaking Lauda round the outside of Paddock, which I saw as my seat was in the main stand. That's got to be one of the best moves ever.

I found these b/w highlights, with French commentary; prendre plaisir!

https://youtu.be/AVCM8lu5eow