View Single Post
Old 30 Nov 2017, 14:20 (Ref:3784308)   #28
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
with the talk of Netflix/streaming in another thread i was reminded of a article a read a couple of months back about Disney severing their ties with Netflix and their plan to start their own streaming service which will have both Disney content plus a whole host of other sports ESPN currently has the distribution rights to.

not sure why i didnt put it together before but i wonder if F1 (in the USA and possibly Canada) will now be a part of this offering.

http://variety.com/2017/digital/news...es-1202519917/
The more I read the more it looks like Liberty isn't even interested in cable in the future. They have made multiple claims of F1 becoming a streaming only 'broadcast' for the US market. How they handle it is huge because we've seen how PWC has choked in that regard with Motors on Demand TV. ALMS wasn't too bad with ESPN3 coverage, immediate availability was nice for me but for the majority who didn't get or know about ESPN3, it may not have been a great choice. And we are years later and many streaming options are out there.

Course all of this could be for naught if the wise old sages at the FCC tell us what we really need is a wide open and regulation free internet. You'll have to choose where you live based on who provides ESPN streaming if you want to watch without buffering or paying extra for the fast lane. And Comcast won't like having to stream ESPN and the cost of their precious NBCSN.