View Single Post
Old 6 Apr 2006, 09:41 (Ref:1572049)   #8
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
My opinion of course but that just seems so pointless...
Well, yes, from a constructive perspective, it is utterly pointless...but, from that point of view, the rest of motorsport doesn't really serve a purpose either...

I was watching Speed the other day, as I am prone to doing, in the hope of coming across school bus racing, which is interesting, but I digress, the point is I came across a programme showing a round of/demonstration by some US based drifting championship.

I thorougly enjoyed it, and would absolutely love to go and see it live. Vroom-vroom-squeel-squeel and what not I find most entertaining. I think that is a distinction, though, I do tend to view it more from an entertainment perspective rather than sport. Not that I deny the skill involved, for there undoubtedly is that. Perhaps in time, as I get to understand the complexities of the judging mechanisms, and what not, I will end up viewing it as a fully fledged sport.

When push comes to shove, I am, in essence, ambivalent regarding a separate forum being set-up: however, I would happily see it given a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racing59
What is sad, is that most of the kids who follow it drive FWD cars..... aren't they missing something?
Higher insurance premiums, .