View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2017, 18:17 (Ref:3770336)   #3046
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
..... Anyone remember what they were doing 50 years ago .
At this time in the evening, I would be just leaving home to dash to my evening job behind the bar of a very popular pub in Hampstead, having gulped down my dinner after getting home at 6.30 from the day job. Did that 4 or 5 days a week, depending on my racing itinerary for that period.

If it was a racing weekend, then on the Friday night the car would be pushed into the loading bay of my factory, which was converted into a spotless workshop for fettling the car. That usually went on late into the night, interrupted for a trip to a mobile café a few miles away (rolled out every night to serve the taxi driver community) that produced the most fantastic cooked sandwiches named The Cowboy All-on. Basically half of a fried breakfast between two slices of bread, and good enough to put hairs on your chest.

Saturday afternoon at Brands when possible to run in/set up car for a race the next day.

Sleep was for wooses, or me on a Sunday if not racing.