View Single Post
Old 1 Sep 2008, 22:56 (Ref:2279803)   #35
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslak Vind
It will morally not be viable to run V8´s without them running on green fuel. It is the way things are proceeding, and so it should be. Believing anything else is naive.

Racing must conform to the reality the rest of society rests in. So it can only be a good thing, given the state of the enviroment. And as awrb mentions, more and more manufacturers has enviromental connections as a part of their brand.

So in all, everyone wins.
I think it's plenty moral to run V8's. They are loud, stinky, fast engines. Motor Racing is about having fun and enjoying life. I can always recycle aluminum cans during the week.

Bovine emissions more lethal than 20 V8's going around a track. One cow puts out 1000 liters of methane each day which traps 23 times more heat in the atmosphere than C02. I've seen plenty of cows in Denmark, so I propose a carbon trading scheme of 20 cows turned into hamburger for every race. If we do that we've assuaged our guilt about the environment, we've purged some lethal methane from the atmosphere and saved some grass that eats CO2 and we have burgers to grill for the race. Everyone wins!