View Single Post
Old 11 Jun 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3089316)   #21
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaydenFan View Post
Much like how in '07, Champ Car used Jan Heylan to advertise the race at Zolder.

With the circuit just being introduced, and only a few months before the race, unless their plan is to do the hyper-quick Chinese construction method of building things, I think this race is doomed. Even if it gets going, I think it'll be more A1GP and even what DTM and Superleague went through.

Too bad, open wheel racing has been given ****-poor promoters in the past from Zhuhai, as I think that track at least has some stability. Well, being mostly because it is a permanent circuit.

Still should have stuck with Japan. Even if Motegi wasn't going to work, other circuits would have worked. Autopolis meets the credentials of what the FIA would allow for an IndyCar race. Same with Okayama. And with Honda, and Sato, I couldn't see why not?
Even better they should have stuck with the Gold Coast. That was a paid up deal that paid them a full rate sanctioning fee plus all the teams got a huge portion of their costs covered to the point it was cheaper than hauling everyone to any race in the USA. It was a sweet deal and tony george told the organizers and the QLD government to stick it up their butt.

Rodeo randy even tried to mea culpa and beg for the race back but too late. V8 Supercars got their hands on it and the track configuration is now changed.

These people in indianapolis are not very smart people, so it's to be expected.